Healthy Holiday Snacking & BOOST Spiced Apple Cranberry Oat Bran Muffins (Global Calgary Weekend Morning News, Dec 13, 2015)
BOOST Spiced Apple Cranberry Oat Bran Muffins
Author: Vincci Tsui, RD
Recipe type: Snack
- ¾ cup (185 mL) whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup (185 mL) oat bran
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cloves
- 1½ cups (375 mL) shredded apples (about 2-3 small)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 bottle Boost 100 Calorie (½ cup)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir in apples, egg, Boost 100 Calorie and maple syrup until ingredients are just moistened. Fold in dried cranberries.
- Fill prepared muffin tins with batter until about ⅔ full. Bake until golden-brown and a tester inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This segment was sponsored by Nestlé.