Cantonese Shrimp Scramble (蝦仁炒蛋)
This quick and protein-packed dish is delicious with brown rice and steamed veggies.
Author: Martin Yan Quick & Easy
Recipe type: Main
Makes: 3 servings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb (225 g) medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Shaoxing cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or chopsticks until thoroughly blended but not frothy. Add shrimp, cooking wine, and cornstarch mixture. Mix well.
- Heat canola oil in a non-stick cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, undisturbed, until the eggs are almost set, about 1 minute. Stir the eggs gently with a spoon and continue cooking until the shrimp begin to curl and turn pink, and the eggs form creamy curds, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with green onion and serve.