Chickpea Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Power Bites
As seen at the Calgary Stampede 2017 Kitchen Theatre! Cookie dough and dessert hummus are two foods that are on-trend right now. This recipe combines these two trends into a tasty, portable snack that'll give you the boost you need! Omit or use gluten-free oats to make recipe gluten-free, and feel free to add in your favourite mix-ins, like coconut, dried fruit, nuts or seeds.
Author: Vincci Tsui, RD
Recipe type: Snacks, Dessert, Vegetarian, Vegan
Makes: 4 dozen (48) balls
- 24 dates, pitted (about 1½-2 cups)
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas, ideally no-salt-added, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups, or 365 g)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- ½ cup (125 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- Place dates in a food processor and process until a paste is formed.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter and vanilla. Process until a smooth paste is formed.
- Pulse in rolled oats until blended. Place “dough” into a bowl and knead in chocolate chips.
- Shape into small, 1” balls. Serve at room temperature or refrigerated. Will keep in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, and in freezer for several months.