Chinese Fish & Pork Cakes （香煎魚肉豬肉餅）
One of my husband's childhood favourites. Whenever we're at the Asian grocery store, we try to pick up a container or two of fish paste to keep in the freezer, so that all we need is to pick up some ground pork whenever we feel like this simple and flavourful dish.
Author: Vincci Tsui, RD
Recipe type: Fish, Pork
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb (454 g) fish paste
- 1 lb (454 g) ground pork
- 3-4 green onions, chopped finely
- ½ can (8 oz/227 g) water chestnuts, chopped finely (optional)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) oyster sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) white pepper
- Mix together ingredients in a large bowl. Shape mixture into thin patties.
- Heat large skillet or wok over medium heat. Arrange patties on a single layer in pan. (You may need to do this in batches.) Cook, covered, turning once, until internal temperature is 160˚F (71˚C), about 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining patties.