Greek Orzo & Chickpea Salad
I know this salad is basically the same as my Greek Chicken Orzo Salad (minus the chicken, plus chickpeas) but this is the version I make more often now. I recently brought this to a party and it was eaten up, with lots of people asking me for the recipe, so here it is!
Author: Vincci Tsui, RD
Recipe type: Salad
- 8 oz (227 g) orzo
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) basil, chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) feta, cut into ½” cubes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by whisking together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey and oregano until honey is dissolved. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked orzo and remaining salad ingredients. Add in dressing and toss to coat.