Grilled Thai Turkey Burgers
These simple and moist turkey burgers can be on the table in 30 minutes! Top with cilantro, cucumber and pickled carrot for extra Asian flare.
Recipe type: Main, Poultry
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) margarine, butter or cooking oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 1 lb (454 g) ground turkey
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- Melt margarine or butter, or heat oil, in a small, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and curry paste, until the vegetables are well-coated. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooled onion mixture, ground turkey, cilantro and low-fat mayo. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns with your favourite toppings.
Turn this into a party appetizer by shaping into 12 mini patties served on whole grain slider buns, or meatballs.