Vietnamese Mango Salad (Nộm Xoài)
My coworkers gave my husband and I a gift certificate to a local cooking school as a wedding gift, so we signed up for a Vietnamese cooking class. This salad is simple and refreshing with bold flavours, and features my favourite fruit - mangoes!
Author: Adapted from Ching Li
Recipe type: Salad, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 mango, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips with vegetable peeler
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) peanuts, toasted in a dry wok and chopped (can roll with a rolling pin)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (about ½ cup)
- Mix mango, cucumber and carrot in a large bowl. Add vinegar, sugar and salt and mix well. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide salad evenly onto four plates. Sprinkle roasted peanuts and sesame seeds on top, and garnish with cilantro.