Sesame-Maple Roasted Tofu & Kale
Author: Adapted from EatingWell
Recipe type: Main Dish, Vegetarian, Vegan
Makes: about 6 cups
- 350 g extra-firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) tahini
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cider vinegar
- ½ bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss tofu, onion, canola oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, or until the tofu is lightly golden on top and the onions are browning in spots.
- Meanwhile, whisk tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup and vinegar in a small dish until combined. Remove the tofu from the oven, add kale and drizzle with the maple sauce; stir to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the kale is soft and slightly browned on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.