White Bean & Spinach Curry with Pumpkin Seeds
Author: Adapted from Taste.com.au
Recipe type: Main Dish, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes: About 6 cups
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) curry powder or curry paste (I like using garam masala)
- 1 can (400 mL/14 fl oz) coconut milk
- ⅓ cup (85 mL) water or low-sodium broth
- 1 can (540 mL/19 fl oz) cannellini beans or navy beans, preferably no-salt-added, drained and rinsed
- 142 g (5 oz) baby spinach
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add curry powder or paste. Cook, stirring, until aromatic, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and water or broth and bring to a boil. Add beans and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into 4 separate bowls and serve garnished with pumpkin seeds.